Ever thought that it is possible to swim like a mermaid, jump out of the water like a great dolphin, and bolt up in the air like iron man? Yes, it is possible with Flyboarding. Here is a complete guide to Flyboarding.
What is Flyboarding?
To understand Flyboarding well, let us look at how the flyboard works. Flyboard is a board designed with bindings for strapping your feet. On every board (beneath the feet), is a water pack that is connected to Jet Ski with a long tube and an adapter.
As the water goes to the board from the Jet Ski, a jetpack under the feet propels you out of the water into the air like a dolphin. The throttle coming from the Jet Ski controls the pressure of your Flyboard.
Though the sport was introduced recently in 2011, it has become one of the most populous activities especially when done in teams. To take part in the sport, it is important to buy or hire the right equipment.
The flyboard makers and market prices
Flyboarding is considered as an extreme sport that was invented by Franky Zapata and his water racing company, Zapata racing. The idea stemmed from the Jetlev’s R200 Flyer around 2000 and took more than ten years to fine tune and ultimately bring into the market. Since the debut of the game, Zapata Racing has been the main manufacturer of flyboards though other companies such as X-jet and Waterboard have emerged to supply the ever surging demand.
As more competitors join the market, flyboarding has become a great sport and an enthralling activity for teams in the water. The current price of flyboards is about $5,500. Note that the price depends on the type of flyboard and the manufacturer.
Best Flyboarding tips
Every person who hears about Flyboarding wants to get the thrill in the water. Well, it takes some moment to train and master all the skills.
- Know the right time to go Flyboarding. The ideal; time enjoy this sport is during calm weather. If the wind speed is high or there is a high tide, do not attempt the sport because it will be very risky.
- Safety comes first in Flyboarding. You must always be on the right safety apparel to stay safe and comfortable. This means a swim suit, fitting helmet, and appropriate boots.
- Always ensure that other wave-runners are some distance apart. This is important to avoid collisions and potential harm.
- The most crucial aspect of Flyboarding is the balance. Your trainer will help you understand various positions and the appropriate posture to take when Flyboarding. It is always important to slightly bend the knees and then stand straight once you are thrust out of the water.
- Be patient during the learning stages. Just like other water sports such as surfing, the first sessions will be characterized by falls and false attempts. This should not discourage you from Flyboarding. You must keep trying and follow the trainer faithfully. Though it depends on the personal courage and personal capabilities to develop various skills, some people are able to go Flyboarding within hours of training while others might take a couple of lessons.